Feel like you’re ready to apply? Here are the six things we’ll need from you.
- Completed online application. The Bloch Executive MBA Admissions Committee will only act on completed applications.
- Application fee. There is a $45.00 non-refundable application fee, which can be paid online, by check or by money order made out to “UMKC Bloch Executive MBA Program.”
- A current résumé. Upload it with your online application.
- Your admission statement. Upload it with your online application. In at least 500 words, please address your personal and professional goals and how the Bloch Executive MBA program can help you achieve those objectives, as well as the strengths and experience you could bring to the program and how they will add value to the learning of your fellow students.
- Official transcripts. Please ask the registrar at each college or university you have attended to send official transcripts directly to the Bloch Executive MBA Program Office. If you attended a college or university under a different name, ask the registrar to note the name change on your transcript or in a letter. Please be aware that it can take many weeks for an official transcript to be delivered by mail. Official transcripts may also be emailed from a college or university registrar to email@example.com.
- Letters of recommendation. Submit the names and emails of your recommenders in your online application, and we’ll send them instructions for submission.
Detailed Instructions for Recommendation Letters
Please request one letter of recommendation from a current business associate — such as your manager, supervisor, CEO or a member of your company’s Board of Directors. Your second letter should be from another business associate, such as a previous supervisor, a peer or subordinate or an executive outside your company who knows your work well. We will not accept letters from personal friends or former professors. Your recommenders should comment on the following:
- Length of time the respondent has known you and under what circumstance
- Detailed description of the effectiveness of your job performance
- Skills you have demonstrated on the job in projects and assignments
- Your potential as a manager
- Your leadership capabilities
- Qualities that you will bring to the program and the class
- Any additional comments about your potential for success in a rigorous graduate program of study
All recommendations should be submitted on company letterhead and addressed “To Whom It May Concern.” Each letter should include the recommender’s signature, as well as the individual’s phone, fax or email address.